Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beginner piano player, should I learn sheet music?

I'm looking to start learning piano, but reading sheet music seems even more complicated than playing. Will it take longer to play my favorite songs without reading sheet music?



I've also heard of playing by ear; is that for more advanced pianists?



Beginner piano player, should I learn sheet music?concerts



I have always dreamed of learning to play the piano and I think that what you are learning to do is wonderful. I would learn to play by sheet music, I think that you need to learn the notes, however, many people are talented and can learn to play by just listening to the notes and finding the keys.



Good luck to you..........



Beginner piano player, should I learn sheet music?headache opera theater



people who play by ear cannot read music, you need to learn the fundementals and practice. You need a solid foundation to ever advance as a player. Your ability to read music will advance as your skill advances. Practice, practice, practice!!!
Well I took lessons for 3 years and choir from my 7th grade year all the way up to my junoir year I forgot everything about sheet music!!! I can sing it if i hear it and i can play it if i hear it, but it takes me a while to get all the notes because you have to listen very carefully and know which key is which. I would learn sheet music though if you can and it will make it so much easier and quicker!
The best thing you could do is learn to sight read as good as you can. This will help you learn pieces faster and even if you can't remember them you can still play them.



Try to get as much sheet music as you can as practice sight reading. You will get good at it as if reading a book.
I have been playing since I was six. Sure you could learn your favorite by ear on the piano. But if you are wanting to go farther then that then you would want to learn how to read sheet music. It really isn't that hard to read. Once you know the notes then other things start to click. I would recomend the sheet music, it could save you a bit of frustration.
Learn to read music ; you will not go far with the piano unless you learn to read. Only a few talented individuals can play by ear.
In my opinion, playing piano by ear, and being able to sight read sheet music will make you a better piano player. I suggest you learn to play songs you really like.



If you're interested, you can download easy piano sheet music for popular songs and find piano method books for beginners at http://download-sheet-music-online.com/p...
omg i take piano! its the best musical isturment ever



here are some sentences to help you learn the notes



for right hand:



e- every



g- good-



b- boy



d- does



f- fine



spaces-



f- a- c- e



wait! ya know what get a teacher



Masha DUbravin in the phone book
until you know the notes you cant do it by ear
i think you should learn most of the notes first then use sheet music as you go on and on then you learn more
If you can't play by ear now, you won't be able to by learning piano.



Learning to read notes takes maybe a year to master, if you practice once a weekend, whereas playing the piano will take much longer to learn, since it is training your hands.



Unless you have some hidden talent, learning to read music will only help you in the long run.
Playing by ear isnt for advanced players. Really anyone who has a good hear and can keep beat could play by ear. I really think you should learn to read music. It seems hard when you first start off but its really not. You'll see that once you get started. Just dont doubt yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter